Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 15, 2012

He is the LIGHT of the world



Allie running Cross Country~2012



As I have looked at this picture over and over, my heart is full of emotion.  This is typically when I sit down and write.  But as I try to express my thoughts this morning, adequate words just aren't coming. I guess it's a perfect example of a picture being worth a thousand words. 

What a vivid illustration of His presence in our lives!  He is always there.


Even when you're just going about your daily routine, He is there.
 
Even when you don't feel Him, He is there. 

Just because you don't see Him, He is there.


If you are saying..."maybe for other people, but not for me."  You are wrong.  His presence is promised to anyone who trusts in Him and accepts Him as the perfect gift that was given for you. (John 3:16)

The precious thing about this picture is that it was a gift.  A gift for Allie.  She came to me earlier in the week and shared something on her heart.  She had prayed about it and asked God to show Himself to her so she would know her prayer had been heard.  This is what He gave to her.  As if that were not enough, I shared with Allie my devotion the morning after this picture had been taken...

"Worship Me by living close to Me.  This was My original design for man, into whom I breathed My very breath of Life.  This is my desire for you: that you stay near Me as you walk along your life-path.  Each day is an important part of that journey.  Although you may feel as if you are going nowhere in this world, your spiritual journey is another matter altogether, taking you along steep, treacherous paths of adventure.  That is why walking in the Light of My Presence is essential to keep you from stumbling.  By staying close to Me, you present yourself as a living sacrifice.  Even the most routine part of your day can be a spiritual act of worship, holy and pleasing to Me."


You see these words spoke directly to her heart.  This picture was taken on the cross- country trail at school and is known for being one of the most difficult middle school trails in the county and has more than one very steep, treacherous hill.  These words could not have been more perfect for her.  He always meets us right where we are.

Thank you, Allie, for allowing me to share this.  And thank you, Lord, for your amazingly perfect gifts in our lives. Your presence is the best gift we could receive.


"I am the Light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." ~John 8:12





Katie




No comments:

Post a Comment